Hello all,

I have a quick (hopefully simple) question regarding Sprutcam 8 and 2D Contouring. I have a part with a .25" gap (slot) (.13" deep) that I would like to mill using a .25" end mill. When i assign the slot to a Sprutcam 2D Contouring operation it will not cut the slot unless i tell Sprutcam the dimension of my cutter is .249 or change the dimensions of my slot.

Is there any way to get Sprutcam to mill a slot that is the exact width of a end mill?

I have searched for a means to adjust the tolerance in Sprutcam to allow the program to cut the slot ignoring the fact that there will essentially be 0 stock remaining when the cut is complete but it does not generate a tool path regardless of tolerance setting. Now i understand that due to runout and various other facts the slot will ultimately be somewhat larger than .25" wide once the cut is complete but that is acceptable for the part i am trying to create. If i tell Sprutcam that the End mill is .249 it seems to do extra passes in an attempt to mill away the extra .001 stock that essentially is not there. The extra milling type drags the machining process out to 4X the amount of time required to simple mill a slot. Any assistance would be appreciated and thank you all in advance for your help.

~Maurice