586,137 active members*
3,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Flickering LCD

Hi,
    I have an Elo touch screen 15" monitor on my Tormach mill thats giving me trouble. This monitor came from Ebay clamed it was working fine. Some days the monitor works fine all day, other days it looks like the brightness is cranked up all the way and the contrast all the way down. When its in this condition the screen does not appear to be refreshing properly as you can see traces from the pointer. I have reloaded drivers, changed cables, relocated cables, tried monitor on different computor, took it apart cleaned and checked all conections and still no luck. Most shops will charge $100.00 bucks just to look at this thing before starting work. Any thoughts? (the USB touch screen part of this monitor works great)
    Exotic Welder

I have gone through this route before and found that ELO monitors are often sourced from Japanese makers, only the touch screen is ELO.
    Mine was an Optima from ChungTex Electronics, so ELO could not help me.
    It doesn't sound like the Back light flourescents are the problem.
    The other problem is that the main boards are all populated by SMT comonents and there are only a few that are easy to change.
    As a last resort, if you find a cheap monitor, it is usually simple fit the touch screen to the new one.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.