I'm sure I'm doing something incredibly stupid, I'm new to this world, I recently got my first hobbyist-CNC (I'm doing small commission works for modelers mainly) and I'm evaluating madcam and meshcam.

I made a small model of about 20x20x10mm with small details of up to 0.5mm. The same model, with the same end-mill sizes and same toolpaths config (roughing + waterling + finishing + outline) comes out very close to the 3D model with meshcam (with a 0.05mm resolution) but pretty bad with madcam (with a 0.3mm resolution). I mean the definition of the model is great with both software, simply madcam is always approx 0.3mm off.

I set the mesh config as suggested in the manual and the tolerance for all tools to 0.01 (I'm working in mm). I also tried other models more or less with the same issue. Oddly enough it seems to always lose approx 0.3mm.

Post processor Mach3.

I searched and I haven't seen this issue on the forum so I'm sure I'm doing something terribly wrong, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!