586,102 active members*
2,433 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > NEED HELP!!! LR35 spindle drive VAC II problems

NEED HELP!!! LR35 spindle drive VAC II problems

Hi all,
    At the moment i'm retrofitting an OKUMA lathe LR35: (mainly because of its still very good mechanics)
    - control system: replace the OKUMA OPUS with SIEMENS 802C (OKUMA isnt familiar here, i dont have much knowledge about how the OPUS runs)
    - axis: replace the 2 faulty OKUMA drivers with FANUC ones (easier to run and compatible with SIEMENS 802C)
    - spindle: try to re-use it but have problems.

My problems with the spindle are: (Motor VAC MM 30/22R-112-R2, spindle drive: VAC2-H, D22-A, ROM VACA121K. I will upload some photos later)
    1. originally it ran with a fiber-optic cable linking the VAC unit with OPUS rack. When i tried to run it without the OPUS rack (removed it to rework the lines for SIEMENS, VAC Connections ON: motor power line, motor resolver on CN3, using CN1 50 pin connection instead of fiber optic HITACHI DC9004L, ) it gave me an error like this:
    M1, M2 red led solid on, M3 orange led on, all green led from 1 to 13 on, 7-segment led number 01.
    I tried to reset alarm (using both the reset button SW7 and by shorting alarm-reset-signal) but nothing changed. It still gave me the same error.
    Then i shorted the Machine-Ready signal and expected the MCBs to work but it didnt (MCB checked, working fine, PCB didnt ready yet and no signals to relays for MCBs)

***UPDATED***
    Photos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0191.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	234824
    Attachment 234816
    Attachment 234818
    Attachment 234820

2. I removed the VAC card 1 (the one with fiber-optic connection plug), everything else kept the same. It gave me another error:
    M1, M2 red led blinked, CPU alarm orange led on, green led 3-4 on, 7-segment led number 25.
    I also tried to reset alarm but nothing happened.

(i will upload detailed photos later, atm im not in the workshop so cant take photos)

***UPDATED***
    Photos:
    Attachment 234822

=>I want to ask those who are experienced with OKUMA VAC:
    -what are the meaning of those errors in the 2 cases above
    -am i doing sth wrong in running the VAC unit? i want to re-use it under SIEMENS control (keep the VAC+motor+motor resolver, no fiber optic cable-use CN1 50 pin connection with analog signals instead). Any switch settings or actions needed in order to run the VAC unit without the OPUS/fiber-optic connection? (i havent touched the switch settings yet, its still the same as origin: SW1+SW2 all off; SW3+SW4 3,4,5 on; SW5+SW6 all off)

I'm looking forward to a reply soon, kinda in a tight spot now coz running out of time to run it.
    Thank you for your reading time and any help/suggestion is welcomed.

Re: NEED HELP!!! LR35 spindle drive VAC II problems

download the VAC manual. It will explain what the numbers mean....
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...fix-notes.html

Thank you for your reply,
    I got the manuals/fix notes/alarm list/etc (anything that i could find on the internet about OKUMA be4 i got this problems because i did retrofit another OKUMA lathe LB15 before this one so i know a little about those numbers). If its possible please check again:
    1. In the alarm list there are 3 cases for "abnormal status":
    - led M1 blinking/flashing, M2 off
    - led M1 off, M2 blinking/flashing
    - led M1+M2 both blinking/flashing
    here i got both M1+M2 SOLID ON (no blinking/flashing) AND all the other green LEDs on (this is not mentioned in any document i have read so far).
    2. In the 2nd experiment i did (2nd case above), i removed the VAC card 1 which in my assumption contains the main micro-processor+RAM+EEPROM-> leads to 7-segment led number 25.
    I saw some videos in which VAC II units can be run without the VAC card 1, so how can it be done properly? Please enlighten me if you know.

bump!!!
    any1 has tips for me? please share!!!

alarm 25

Hello;

Dis u find alarm 25 reason?

Cem NURCANLİ
    Electrical Engineer
    [email protected]