1st I will say that I rechecked my machine. I added some helper springs to my Z axis. I used a digital dial indicator ( a cheep one ) I only tested 0 to .500 movement. Z-would be about .4975 consistent after about 5 attempts. same for X and Y. I am using the 2010 screen-set and could not find the auto setup . In Mach3 it is in a screen and you tell it how much you want an axis to move then it asks how far did it move and makes a calculation and a setting.

Now to what I am trying to make . I want a 18" x18" 1/2 thick piece of MDF. I want to pocket it 1/8 deep. on 2 sides I want to leave about 1/2 material and the opposing sides cut away.I want a cut at 45degree in the raised part so as to be left with a square corner inside. Along the 45 line the length of the board I would like 1/4 holes for dowels spaced at 2" starting about 6' in from the raised side. 4 1/4 holes 1 in each corner and 4 1/4 holes along the edge spaced about 1/4 from the edge half way along each side.

I can see this thing but get lost trying to do cad. I am not a caddest or machinist . LOL

If some one would try to draw this I would love to have the steps and a Vid if you could. I may learn something.

Thank You
Don