Hi, could someone recommend a method of holding firmly, plastic sheets (PC, PVC, Acrylic etc.) of varied thickness ranging from 1 mm to 10 mm to the engraver/router table. There is a clamping system to hold the sheet in place from all sides but it is not sufficient to hold the sheet to the bed firmly while machining. Vacuum I think is out of the question as I need to cut through the material. Toggle Clamps are also out of the question because the entire bed is occupied with the plastic sheet with very little uncut area. Using double tape to stick the sheet is not economical. Without holding the material down the groove depth varies and the cut is not accurate as the spiral flute router bit tends to lift the sheet. As of now I have to follow the router bit path with my hand pressing upon the plastic sheet which is very dangerous. This material lifting off the table is a problem with the thin sheets (1 mm to 3 mm) only so I tried machining two sheets together but to no effect. The lifting problem still exists (mild lifting) and further the plastic melts at the edge of the cut for some reason giving a rough edge. I'm fairly new to this so any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankush