I am tapping using an 0-80 Roll thread tap in a Brother TC-R2B with synchronous rigid tapping. I am working on a very small medical component where I have a part with a C-Bore .060 dp +/- .0005, and a drilled thru hole for an 0-80 Roll Tap. Parts are fixtured one at a time. We did a repeatability test on the fixtures and parts and the C-Bore depths repeat within .0002
My problem is the rotational start position of the thread in my work piece is varying more than expected. I need the start of my thread to be in the same rotational position relative to the bottom of the C-Bore within 10 deg for all parts. when I cut a precision section thru the finished part (thru the axis of the thread) and measure the major dia pitch location of each thread I find their locations from part to part vary from the C-Bore by up to .005. This indicates the thread rotational starting point is varying or the Z height of the tap is varying.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated

Tom Malinski

Your Message

Prefixno prefix) Australia BBQ Time GreenLand New Here North America Looking for Mentors Africa Off-Topic South America Looking for Apprentice Asia Opinon Europe
Title: