My Torq-Cut 30 with 6K RPM 2 Speed spindle started making a rough rubbing/squeaking noise this morning. I pulled the spindle cartridge and it seemed to have oil around the spindle cartridge when I pulled it so I don't think it ran dry, and it doesn't sound like a grind, more like a seal that has com apart. It definitely makes noise spinning it on the bench.

I opened the dust covers and am down to what appears to be a 3" dia. smooth nut with a pin hole for a spanner wrench to remove the preload on the bearing. It looks like the nut has an threaded set-screw hole in it that is currently unpopulated which seems a bit odd. I don't know what would keep it from backing off over time other than the friction of the threads and the preload. Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I want to go any deeper vs. sending it out to a rebuild shop. I don't have mechanical drawings or parts diagrams of the internals. My maintenance manual ends at the first page of chapter 13 "Parts Breakdown".

I'm looking to anyone who has replaced spindle bearings in one of these things before to offer any advice, where to get parts, or someone who can recommend a rebuild shop they've done business with. I'm located in northwest Ohio not too far from Ft. Wayne, Toledo, Detroit, Dayton. I'd prefer to be able to put this in a truck and drive it to its destination.

EDIT: Upon further inspection I'm thinking this must have some sort of hydraulic nut holding the everything together not a spanner nut. As I suspect, this will be outside of our skill set. I'm still looking for a honest and fair rebuild source to get me back up and running. I've called 2 different places found on the interwebs plus the guy I normally get parts from and none of them has called me back.