586,553 active members*
3,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Home business looking for Stainless Sheet Cutting/Engraving laser (1.5 - 2mm)

Home business looking for Stainless Sheet Cutting/Engraving laser (1.5 - 2mm)

Hi All,

I am looking to start a home business and want to purchase a laser CNC machine that has the ability to engrave/cut all the usual non-metallic materials (must do Acrylic to 19mm), but can also cut Stainless Steel sheet (and engrave Stainless Steel).

I really liked the Kern 150W unit, but it's way out of my price range... So wondering what other options there are, and some pricing points (machine delivered to Newcastle, Australia). Also lead time needs to be short as I want to get this up and running ASAP...

Thank you for your replies...

Re: Home business looking for Stainless Sheet Cutting/Engraving laser (1.5 - 2mm)

to be honest if the Kern 150 is not in the budget most other laser that will do what your asking is out of your budget allso.

Re: Home business looking for Stainless Sheet Cutting/Engraving laser (1.5 - 2mm)

Hi Tony,
    we would like to suggest our LC1325M, which can cut acrylic 25mm and stainless steel 1.5mm, here is the video,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7tx...ature=youtu.be
    If it can meet your demands, feel free to contact me

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Tony344 View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking to start a home business and want to purchase a laser CNC machine that has the ability to engrave/cut all the usual non-metallic materials (must do Acrylic to 19mm), but can also cut Stainless Steel sheet (and engrave Stainless Steel).

I really liked the Kern 150W unit, but it's way out of my price range... So wondering what other options there are, and some pricing points (machine delivered to Newcastle, Australia). Also lead time needs to be short as I want to get this up and running ASAP...

Thank you for your replies...
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

I'm thinking this might be a good alternative.... at least a starting point...

ITJ6090 150W metal jewelry laser cutter-in Laser Equipment from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com

1.5-2mm stainless steel cutting,fiber laser cutting machine with 300w is a good choice
    fast speed and more stable,now chinese glass laser tube cutting machine is a little risky of this thickness
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521

Well... I took the plunge after some careful consideration. Abbey from G.Weike Laser helped me to purchase 2 machines, a LG900N with some extras + a custom modified LC1313M for serious cutting..

All cost me a little more than I had planned to spend, but hopefully they will pay for themselves by the work they do. Expecting delivery early this week coming. Just need to find space for 2 huge machines in my garage now..!

Hello Tony344,
    For cutting 1.5-2.0mm stainless steel, Reci 150w CO2 laser cutting machine with Oxygen gas assistant is a good choice for you.

Becuse, its cutting presion and speed is high, and the cost is accepted.

Machine photo is as below:
    Attachment 257012
    Attachment 257014

Here i write a video link about the machine working, please kindly check it.
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODI3MTU4OTY4.html

And when you cutting other nonmetal materials, only need to take off the Oxygen pump then, it can work like commone CO2 laser cutting machine.

For more information, please feel free to contact with me.

My name is (Ms )Wendy
    ​Website: www.sukelaser.com
    ​Msn: [email protected]
    ​Email: [email protected]
    ​Skype: sukelaser5
    ​Mobile:86-15853160596
    ​Fax:86-531-85762139