586,488 active members*
2,565 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > KFLOP to Spindle VFD Controller (cnc4pc C6 board) struggles
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: KFLOP to Spindle VFD Controller (cnc4pc C6 board) struggles

Tom, I have kmotioncnc working gcode, but am running into an issue. In Mach3, I can identify where to specify the counts per rev and revs per inch, but I haven't seen an obvious place to specify both for kmotioncnc. Right now I am getting .5 inch movement for 1 inch request. Please direct me to where this is defined.

Further data for you to digest:

1. I have calculated 20,000 cpr or ppr based on ball screw and encoder.
    2. In kmotion, jogging an axis 20000 results in exactly one inch.
    3. I finally found the "Trajectory Planner" and have set the Axis Parameters to: Cnts/inch: 20000, Vel in/sec: 2.5, Accel in/sec2: 10

kmotion cnc moves 4" when directed to move G00 X100.

This is new behaviour, the only thing I have changed is adding an init file to kmotioncnc that sets up the axis and IO. Please advise.

OMG. After all that, when I restarted my computer, kmotioncnc changed to MM. I have been in and out of kmotionccnc for over 1 week and it never changed, and this cost me 3 hours of head banging. WHY does kmotioncnc go back to another unit setting on reboot???

Hi David,

Whenever starting KMotionCNC the Interpreter Settings are initialized to what is specified in the "Settings" file specified in Tool Setup | Tool/Setup Files | Setup File. You can change the initial settings to whatever you wish by editing that file. There is also an included example Setup FIle in the GCode directory called INCHES.set that you might select. Rebooting isn't really what causes the Interpreter to re-initialize but of course a re-boot will require you to restart KMotionCNC.

It is also good practice to explicitly set the Units in each GCode Program rather then counting on any default mode.

Regards
    TK
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Hi Tom and David,

I too am interfacing a kflop with a VFD using the cnc4pc C6 (ver. 6.2). When connecting the two relays to the VFD I have two choices as indicated by the first and third circuits shown in the attached image:

Attachment 253518
    *Note that 4 is the common

In the first case I use one relay for start/stop and the other for direction. In the second, one relay runs the motor FWD and the other runs it in REV (note that the REV input will override the FWD input until it is brought low again). These two choices seem to be pretty common with VFD's and the electrical connections are not a problem for me. I am wondering what the difference is from an operational standpoint Are there any good reasons that you can think of for choosing one method over the other? I imagine David might have something to say about this. What method did you choose?

I am new to CNC and will be running a desktop CNC router(spindle) with a Mach3 plugin and will likely try every material I can, up to and including aluminum and possibly mild steel. I can foresee possibly wanting to tap some holes, but don't know if that is a factor here. Any info that helps me make a proper choice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm not very familiar with the C6 board but I believe it has two relay outputs called "Enable" and "Direction". So you would want to use the Run/Stop with Direction mode.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Page 2 of 2 12