Hi all,

Trying to sort out some accuracy issues. My current setup and work flow is Autocad - Cambam - LinuxCNC -3040 Router.

I fixed the first accuracy issue I originally had by changing the accuracy in Autocad from 0 to 0.000. This fixed the issue i was having with dimensions being different from Cad to Cambam.

My next issue was figuring out what tool bit diameter I have. Im using a 3.175 endmill, the supplier lists the diameter as being as 3.175, but i found i was getting the best results at 3.08.

The other day while playing around I managed to get it to be within .01 mm accurate while cutting some plastic, which I was happy with. But then I went to make the exact same cut and it was .35mm~ out. I cut two squares right next to each other in the same run, so I know its definitely something to do with my settings.

Linux CNC has the tool table setup with the same dimensions as Cambam, so I wonder if both are making a compensation for tool bit diameter, but then it would be another 3.08mm out, right??

So annoyed that it worked for one go around and then not again.

Does anyone have any ideas or experiences ?