586,748 active members*
7,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v24, Computes and shows all toolpaths but posts 0 code?

v24, Computes and shows all toolpaths but posts 0 code?

So been working on pathing this part, made a part and it looked good but needed a couple tweaks. Made the tweaks and now when I try to post or post and save there is 0 code there and if I save its trying to save as a .NC instead of .txt but there is no info in it anyway. All the tool paths compute and show up fine as seen in my screen shot. Please don't tell me I have to do it all over again....

Re: v24, Computes and shows all toolpaths but posts 0 code?

This will be a routine answer to most questions "please .zip a .bbcd file for us to look at "
    Just Saying

I can take a stab at something to try
    Close V24/open up/new file/draw a square/profile/compute/post

does that work ?

Figured, was hoping it had a simple quick answer. Other stuff posts just fine, just this one that I have the most time into of course. Have tried closing BCC and restarting and all that normal stuff.

Posts fine for me when I change to my normal post processor. I don't have the specific post processor you were using, so I can't test it with that. If you want to zip the post processor, I'll install it later today and give it a try. Just so as you know, there are a ton of sub-programs called out in this file. I haven't checked your methods, but if you weren't expecting that then there is something off. In my opinion, you start to escalate the potential for trouble using sub-programs, so unless you are using a controller with limited memory, I'd suggest you avoid the sub-programs as much as possible. It really makes trouble shooting code a nightmare IMHO.

I attached the code just so you can see that it worked and what it looks like, but obviously it's not going to work on your machine since it's a different post processor. I'd suggest that you try a different post processor, and see if you get code as well. If so, I would bet that there is something in your post processor that doesn't agree with the sub-programs. But that's just a best guess.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Since I don't know what sub-programs are then I am going to guess I didn't mean for them to be there. It worked for me on Saturday then I changed a couple parameters to maybe help cut less air with some of the paths and now it seems broken and wont post. I have slept since then so will be real hard for me to remember what I changed. Getting old sucks.

It posts fine here
    BUT
    I am using V25,his file opens up and I check the sub programs and the box is not checked.
    anyhow,Post his code with or without subprograms and code is same length.
    Am I mis-understanding something ? or does V25 handling things differently ?

Ok I found it. I must have messed with Machine settings. I saw that it had a Mori for the machine instead of Haas so I changed it on Saturday. When I did it changed file extensions to NC. I just changed it back to Mori and now it posts fine. Seems messed up to me but its back working atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Beansdiesel View Post
    Since I don't know what sub-programs are then I am going to guess I didn't mean for them to be there. It worked for me on Saturday then I changed a couple parameters to maybe help cut less air with some of the paths and now it seems broken and wont post. I have slept since then so will be real hard for me to remember what I changed. Getting old sucks.

Go to where my pic shows/R click on your post/copy/go to your desktop/R paste/upload it here

Never mind,..glad your going.Have you actually cut anything with BoB yet ? Be careful first few times,,probably some surprises still to be seen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post.JPG  

Ya been cutting a lot, have not had any foul ups because of the post only my own programming foul ups..

Couple weeks ago I got a really nice 600.00 2 flute mill. Blew it up the instant it hit the first cut. I guess it just caught a corner just perfect and broke. Love learning the hard way. Uhhg.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    It posts fine here
    BUT
    I am using V25,his file opens up and I check the sub programs and the box is not checked.
    anyhow,Post his code with or without subprograms and code is same length.
    Am I mis-understanding something ? or does V25 handling things differently ?
    V24 has the sub programs in the "Current Settings" menu under "Posting", which I think is the same for V25, 26 and 27 still. My guess is that it carried through in the V24 file for me since I opened it in V24, but didn't quite translate when you opened the V24 in V25 since there really isn't a "Machine Definition" in V24. In V24, you just give it a max spindle speed, max feedrate and some other basic machine parameters, but there isn't anything nearly as advanced as the machine definition in V25, so I'm sure there's some translation issues because of that. Normally I have the "Sub-Programs" box unchecked, but it seems that the file Beans supplied over-rode that setting along with my metric (his is in inches) setting.

Ya been cutting a lot, have not had any foul ups because of the post only my own programming foul ups..

Couple weeks ago I got a really nice 600.00 2 flute mill. Blew it up the instant it hit the first cut. I guess it just caught a corner just perfect and broke. Love learning the hard way. Uhhg.
    Can you do me a favor and zip the "Posts" folder under "C:>BobCAD-CAM Data>BobCAD-CAM V24", then post it up here? It should only take a moment. That way I'll have the same definitions you have and it will save me a bunch of errors if I open your files.

Yuup, here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! Next time I open one of your files, I should see what you see right away (unless you made changes to your post processor, etc.). While my defaults will stay specific to my machine, having the necessary post and machine files there allows V24 to find the referenced post and machine as needed.

Ouch,,,You should be using 2nd hand HSS while learning.You be out of business in a hurry you keep that up.
    I just ordered a 9/16-18 reamer/chamfer porting tool today for $265,,that hurt and I have not even seen it yet.