I have 2 Bridgeport Interact machines at my shop that are currently sitting idle and I'm not sure what to do with them. One is an Interact 1 Series 1 and the other is an Interact 2 Series 2. Both have Heidenhain 151 controls and lots of tooling. Mechanically they're in pretty good shape, but the control leaves much to be desired in terms of accuracy, repeatability, etc. and no matter what we do there is constant stepping and pausing, and general funkyness. Admittedly these machines have been very good to me the last couple years and have allowed me to buy better machines. I've drip-fed millions of lines of code to them and they've made some really good parts. I'm trying to decide if it is worth converting them to MACH or EMC controls or something similar, and VFD conversions for the heads. I have a few jobs that I could lay out on the tables and just let run for a couple hours so the lack of toolchanger isn't an issue. Another option is to scrap them, and a third is to sell them to someone else who'd do a conversion. The ROI of conversion for me is kind of a toss-up question filled with many what-ifs. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Richard