Quote Originally Posted by carlowens View Post
the way i read it he was using the correct cable from automation tech, changed to a printer cable, now things don't work so yes as pointed out already what you read is true, printer cables don't work.
Sorry that is not what I meant. The mill will not respond and after trying just about every thing I could think of I swaped out the DB25 pin cable that came with the computer I'm using. Yes it was working in june before the shoulder rotator cuff surgery. I'm able to get back in the shop now and the mill don't work. Mach 3 DRO count when I jog it but the motors don't respond. It is like the pin number in the motor output table aren't wright but I check them and they are the way they should be. X 8&9 Port 1, Y 6&7 port 1 Z 4&5 port1, Port address is 378 non of the item to the far right of first screen are checked, I don't have any LEDs lit in the Diag screen.It's like every thing is right but the motors don't move. I have check all cables, power supply's and voltages, all ok.?????? I also just ohm'd out both cables and they are the same all pins connected.
I'm strongly thinking ESS to replace the C10 BOB and get rid of the parallel stuff, kind out dated. I have the Automation Technology Kl-5056D drivers and the 570 oz steppers and no it is not new.
CH