Hi i want to share my new achievement with you ,..
I do have an Klippfeld F12A which i Factory Retrofitted CNC using Linuxcnc and i am Happy but ,..
Looks like Attachment 243656 (has similar Travel like Tormach 1100 )
Milling is only possible in Bath gear - (the factory guards are nice !)
So my first iteration looks like
Attachment 243654
Which did work to some extend but after some research i wanted more (beside ATC Spindle but that is another story) so i made several designs
I want an stabile Bridgeport (i retrofit an 412 right now) like design no fancy style a tray for the chips simply
So i printed tha rough size of the mill in 3d printer (in small of course)
Attachment 243658
and tried several way how to best have all covered up.
Not so good Attachment 243660
final approach
Attachment 243662

So it is detachable if needed and on the back side there is plenty of space for all electronics (like in the Bridgeport 412) for pc , VFD, controllers and so on.
I only transport an USB, 12V for the screen and an LPT Cable for the keyboard to the front side where i have all i need (here the bridgeport Panel Attachment 243664

So first we started with the Base Plate (where i have to lift my Mill head away to exchange it )
Attachment 243666
(Remark : The Mill-machine is build in that factory so they used an unfinished machine to test for the fit ,.. -
You can see the standard stand (small they also have an wider one ) where i inter to put the Pump and Tank then i still have space for store the tools if needed
I designed chip traps underneath the machine
Attachment 243668
Then the fittings for the left side of front panel
Attachment 243670
The back wall is made of 1,5mm sheet metal which is detachable therefore we need some rails
Attachment 243672
This is how the front side looked in an early stage
Attachment 243674
And here tha back side
which takes 2 standard rails
safety switch ,
VFD controller and PC
Attachment 243676

final the front side has an top and bottom bar where the screen and keyboard is attached (similar to a haas)
this weekend i will assemble all then there should be new fotos
i also bought the plastic covers for doors and left and right gards they have to be cut and bended Finnish ,..
more to follow