586,991 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Just learning and really need some guidance.

Hybrid View

Re: Just learning and really need some guidance.

I have run into this numerous times. People will say "but it should do it THIS way!" No. You use what you have and learn what it CAN do and work within it's limitations. We had a machinist who came from a Mastercam backround and he would not stop complaining about how Mastercam did it differently. Sigh. It got old quick. The key to any Cam system is to learn how it does it. And when you add in learning machining from an additive backround, well the learning curve is steeper.
    I've been using CAMWorks for 7 years now and have found AFR to be of limited use at best. I make sketches to make CAMWorks do what I want to make good parts.

Re: Just learning and really need some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by extanker59 View Post
    ...I've been using CAMWorks for 7 years now and have found AFR to be of limited use at best. I make sketches to make CAMWorks do what I want to make good parts.
    Rather idiotic at best, and to think you paid all of that money but don't really have a use for its most advertised time saving feature? Seems to me that if this overly hyped feature sucks that bad they should fix it, drop the price by a large amount, or close its doors. Since they aren't doing any of those I suspect it works just right for a lot of people.