Quote Originally Posted by hoisee View Post
To be honestly, no one will use 3axis milling to mill your part.... that should be milled using 2.5 axis milling or 3D metal printer ( but I think it is too expensive atm ). Although AFR is powerful but I think your part is too difficult for it to handle. Sometimes, you just need to create sketches to help you finishing the job. As for AFR, it is only for 2.5axis milling, not for 3axis milling which is used to machine 3D shape ( so you need to select faces that you want to machine, but if you are going to machine whole part, just click that whole part icon. ) Another thing you have to consider is that if you have the tool to do the job? Some features just need special tools to machine... too many to consider..... so that is why 3D metal printer is so amazing
Yep, but lets be realistic a FDM type metal machine will never ever have the structural integrity of a solid piece that has been milled down.

As far as the tool for the job yeah, it is insane that it wants more for the surface tool than my entire 3 axis mill so we have to use what we have. What do you mean the whole part icon? Have a screen capture to show me what you mean?