I received my KFLOP yesterday afternoon and proceeded to connect it to a new G203V stepper drive. The motor is not responding.

At first, I thought the problem was the output voltage from the KFLOP to the 203V was too low; I was under the impression the Gecko needed 3.3V to operate the opto isolated inputs. However, a call to Gecko support confirmed that it can read a signal as low as 2.5V, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I was explaining to the Gecko tech that I was reading ~2.8V on my multimeter after I config/flash the KFLOP. He says that I should read 0V unless a step/dir command is issued and suggested that my motion controller be set to active HIGH.

I don't know how to do that, and I don't really know what that means.

I am config/flash Channel 0, No input, Output Step/Dir, Input value 0, Output value 8, then I am pressing download. The digital I/0 is set to bits 8, 9. On JP7 I have the step on pin 15, dir on pin 16 and pin 26 is run to COM on the Gecko.

The only other connection to the KFLOP are JR1 pins 3 and 4 for +5V (reading 4.9) and the USB cable signal from the PC. I also have a ground running from the ground connection between JP2 and JP5 to an earth ground on my power supply. Lastly, I removed J3, as I am powering the KFLOP with an external +5V as opposed to the USB.

As an aside, when I press Upload channel in config/flash it's my understanding it should upload the language to the Console. Nothing happens in the console, and the configuration (config/flash) changes to Input: encoder, Output: No output., input 0, output 0. Also, when I press C Code clipboard nothing happens either. Perhaps I am not flashing the Kflop correctly so it isn't going into Step/Dir output??