I do all of my work in AutoCad and I found that the DXF output works great for cut files into Lasercad, but for engraving, not so much. I have a few issues. For some reason text in true type fonts work are saved in the DXF, but the text winds up missing when imported into Lasercad. Hatches used for solid fill wind up as just outlines when imported into Lasercad.

Since I work mostly with things that need exact alignment and precise cuts along with the engraving I really need to do the files in AutoCad, but this is just not working. AutoCad does not have a great output when plotting as a JPG so I need to make a PDF and then convert from PDF to JPG to make a raster file with acceptable resolution, but then the resolution is still not as good as I need and I wind up loosing my vector lines that I use for cuts. Possibly I could make an engrave file as a raster with a separate cut file as vector, but I they will probably not align correctly and still not the resolution I need for the engraving.

How are the rest of you making your files when you need AutoCad precision?