Hi Guys,

Very first post as I just got into this CNC stuff. As most do, bought a chinese 3040 off ebay, think the 3040T-DQ. No experience with this stuff before, but done quite a bit of research as I was going to build one myself, but for the price I paid, I don't think it is that bad. Not had a problem yet ..

BUT ....

I am trying to get Mach3 to control the spindle speed. Opened the controller box, have 2 green boards, the JP-382A controller and the JP-1482 "spindle" card. Now, I have noticed the main board as PWM-OUT (but doesn't specify which pin is which). I have tested with multimeter and noticed that when I set my spindle speed in Mach3 lower the voltage drops over two of the pins and full speed, I get about +5V over the same two pins, so something is happening, but when connecting to the spindle boards' PWM input, I assume, it doesn't drive the spindle at all. I can only manually do it. I know other models come with a H and A switch to enable software control or something which mine doesn't have, but I am sure it must just be a jumper somewhere?

Anyone successfully controlled the spindle speed in Mach3 with the boards mentioned above before ? Would love to know how you connected and configured it up, if it can be done at all ?

Thanks !
Andre