586,121 active members*
3,615 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

No output graph in step response HELP!!!

Hi, I am trying to get some movement in my KFLOP system. It is connected to a driver and a stepper. So far, I haven't been able to get a signal to the driver. I'm pretty sure it's a configuration problem. But I can't figure it out. In the step response screen I get only the command graph and not the output graph...

MarioClick image for larger version. 

Name:	step response screen.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	245598

Re: No output graph in step response HELP!!!

Hi Mario,

What kind of stepper drives do you have? What are the input requirements? How have you wired them?

You didn't include a screen shot of the Configuration Screen. Load the Motor Axis configuration example SimpleStepDirAxis0.mot as a starting point.

That example will also include more reasonable Velocity, Acceleration, and Jerk values in units of Steps and Seconds. Your value of 0.5 steps/second would take forever to complete.

Push the "Move" button (not the "Step") button. The Step button is only used for testing the instantaneous step response of servos.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Hi Tom:

I have an automation direct STP-DRV-6575 driver. I have it connected as if the KFLOP generates a sourcing (PNP) signal for the pulses, I don't know if the pulses are
    differential, sinking (NPN) or PNP. This would require a different connection. So I guess this is the first question regarding the connection What kind of pulses does KFLOP generates NPN. PNP or differential?? . My connectios are like this:

110V goes to a 5V power supply that powers the KFLOP. I did remove the J3 jumper! 110V also powers the power supply for the stepper, I am taking the 5V for the stepper from the 5V output of the motor power supply, so I'm not using the 5V pins from KFLOP. Then, using the thread 2 program for 3 axis I connected pins 15 and 16 for step and drive signals into the driver.

Also, the driver has jumpers for step pulse noise filters, in one position it filters 150 kHz and 2MHz (actual position) ...

Here are the different ways to connect the driver. I first connected the driver as if it had sinking outputs with no results. I now think that KFLOP generates sourcing outputs, but I'll wait for your answer before I connect anything... If this is the case, please indicate where to connect the com cable to KFLOP...
    Attachment 245602

Thanks
    Mario

Hi Mario,

I think the best mode for those drivers would be to use KFLOP in sinking mode (we call it open collector). Configure as OutputChan0 = 0,1,2.

KFLOP sinks the current to its GND. You can not source current from a different supply with no common GND connection. Electricity must flow in a loop (circuit). See the diagram regarding a similar issue that a User had with a G320. You seem to have the same issue.

Attachment 245604

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Hi Mario,

If I wasn't clear connect the +5V from KFLOP to the + input on the drives - do not use the +5 from a different isolated supply.

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom:

It's ALIVE, ALIVE!!!!

Thanks, I just needed to close the 5V circuit. I appreciate your support, it means a lot when one is stuck in the stupidest of mistakes!

Regards,

Mario

Tom, can I use one 5V pin for multiple Drivers?

Hi Mario,

Yes. The LEDs in the drivers take very little power.

Regards
    TK