586,216 active members*
3,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > beginner question: prevent collisions in 5-axis programming

Hybrid View

beginner question: prevent collisions in 5-axis programming

hello,

im a bit new to 5 axis programming. i try my best in english, so please dont judge my english
    i went my first few steps, mostly without problems, but if i start simulation i realise, that mastercam completly ignores collisions.
    is there any general way to prevent these collions? is it everytime on the user to do it or is there a way to prohibit mastercam collisions via the machine definition? i build the complete machine with STL files, but he completly ignores when the whole machine runs through the material .

thanks in advance,
    CNDaniel

Re: beginner question: prevent collisions in 5-axis programming

I would get with your dealer to walk thru setting this up. other wise you need to share all your files to see what is going on.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Re: beginner question: prevent collisions in 5-axis programming

5-axis collision prevention happens at the toolpath programming level. Beyond that it is just video watching. ....
    One of the most easiest ways to reduce the amount of collisions is to make 5-axis toolpaths where there is one entrance move, the toolpath and then the exit move. How does that get done?. It is all very much down to
    the job at hand. If you want more help plz send me your Mcam files directly to me. [email protected]
    Pullo