586,160 active members*
3,768 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: NEED HELP!!!

NEED HELP!!!

Greetings,

I am new to the forum and I am not sure if this is the right thread but I need some assistance. I have a good friend who is 85 years of age and is a retired machinist. For the past 2 years I have been working with him in the evening time just trying to gain half the knowledge he has.

He has a Bridgeport Mill that he converted to CNC when it first came to market. His equipment has finally given up. He has updated is equipment to use GECKO drivers and Mach 3 to run the mill. However, it does not seem to be working and I have not idea where to start. Does anyone have any resources or contacts that could send me regarding this issue.

Thanks
    Preston Sweeney

Re: NEED HELP!!!

It's hard to say what the problem might be from what you're telling us. When a machine "does not seem to be working" there could be any number of things causing that. If you could be a lot more specific, people here could probably help. You can also ask the folks at Geckodrive, who are usually quite helpful, or make a post on the Mach3 forum describing as exactly as you can what the problem is.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: NEED HELP!!!

The only stumbling block I had setting up the drivers was actually configuring the breakout board pin assignments. I do not know which user has the official videos (and the artsoft site does not make it obvious either), but here is one that might help: Mach3 CNC Controller, Install / Configure - YouTube