586,500 active members*
2,778 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6m 416 X Servo Alarm

Kitamura Mycenter2 VMC

I get this Alarm alot when I first power the machine up, if I power up and down a couple of times it usually powers up, well not any more.

could this be a servo cable or connector problem?

It could be a problem with the X-Axis scale cable, a bad cable or connection. However, this error shows up after a bad crash, and is usually excessive lost motion. Check the X-Axis screw for lose bolts and nuts, and especially the nut on the end of the ballscrew at the support bearings. This error shows up when the slide is commanded to move but the servo motor and scale reading do not match. You could activate the TG Alarm in the parameters and increase the X-Axis value. If the error goes away it is lost motion.

Thanks for the reply, I have servos with attached encoders so no scales and I have no Idea what the TG Alarm is and how to activate it.

The TG Alarm is a parameter that would only be relevant if the machine had scales. You probably have a bad encoder, or a bad encoder cable. The encoder is not feeding back to the CNC when it does the initial check on power up. You can try swapping the cable, but it's probably the encoder. I hope that helps. Good luck, Daryl

Do you have any alarm LEDS on the servo drives?
    Have you pulled the motor leads off of the servo and measured them to ground - should be open circuit. Then measure across them - should be a short circuit.
    Check the brushes.
    Post results

fanuc 6m show alarm machine

hitachi fanuc 6m show alarm machine

fanuc 6m show alarm machine

Two things to check:

1) There are two connectors on the X axis motor. The small one is for power (the armature), the larger one is for the pulse coder. Check to be sure the pulse coder's connector is clean and tight. Oil and goo inside the connector can cause this alarm. Use a good non-residue contact cleaner and a shot of dry air. Also watch out for chips in betwen the pins.

2) The X axis pulse coder cable has to do a lot of flexing (usually inside a flexible cable duct). These cables sometimes flex to the point where a wire breaks inside the insulation, and you have to replace the whole cable.

The good news is that your alarm was intermittant, so your boards and pulse coder are probably OK.