586,822 active members*
3,211 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cut Directions

HI,
    Can anybody help me change the cut direction on a lathe profile?
    The rough turning finishing module used to work fine with edge cam now the roughing is correct but the finishing profile starts at the back of the part and makes its way to the front?? weird it never used to but a cant figure out what has changed

Any help greatly recieved :banana:

thebiglad,

Post your file as a ".TXT" file, here.

Jerry

Please look at the new thread called "help us, help you".

But the short answer is.... Then you pick your chain, you should be picking it from the end where you want to start.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Hi Guys i have been away but here is the file as txt needs changed back to ppf
    its a simple version but acting thesame way finish turning starts at the back
    Attached Files Attached Files

So, here is your finish turn going in the opposite direction. For future reference to change the direction of the cut (it looks like this was done from an operation) is to hit Ctrl+r-click... this toggles between the start arrow and the end star. I am sending a ZIP file with the ppf and a quicke video, so just unzip and take a look
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike W.

Oops, I am bad... I meant Ctrl + L-Click (normal click) to toggle between the start and finish.
    Mike W.

Brilliant thanks alot Mike