586,983 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > HiWin Linear Guide Rails Question

Question HiWin Linear Guide Rails Question

I got my linear rails HGR20 and guides HGH20CA-ZA, there is a little issue (not sure if it is a problem).
    I can not find a indication saying its HGH20CA-ZA (ZA stands for medium preload). As you see in the picture it says only HGH20CA. Where would i see the ZA part.

Second it seems the linear rail HGR20 has a slight bend on it, is that normal. Later when i mount it would that bend be removed from clamping down with the screws? I am just wondering. Or does it have to be straight? Please see image as well.
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Re: HiWin Linear Guide Rails Question

Quote Originally Posted by hive8 View Post
    I got my linear rails HGR20 and guides HGH20CA-ZA, there is a little issue (not sure if it is a problem).
    I can not find a indication saying its HGH20CA-ZA (ZA stands for medium preload). As you see in the picture it says only HGH20CA. Where would i see the ZA part.

Second it seems the linear rail HGR20 has a slight bend on it, is that normal. Later when i mount it would that bend be removed from clamping down with the screws? I am just wondering. Or does it have to be straight? Please see image as well.
    Did the Bearings come in a packet, if so look to see what is marked on the packet

As for being straight, that is normal, you have to mount them on a machined surface, that is smooth & flat as per the mounting instructions, the higher the precision & preload the better the mounting surface has to be
    Mactec54

The Blocks only came in a plastic wrapper not a paper package, there where no markings or anything on it. The blocks say the following written on them HGH20CA 130ERZ-33. Wouldnt they inprint the preload on the block itself?
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

hive8

Were did you get them from, they may not be the real Hiwin product
    Mactec54

The pre-load is only check off on the box, there Z0 and ZA marking box on the side. The counterfeit blocks have a plastic end wiper, the Hiwin are more like rubber.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0289qo.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	234826 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0270xl.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	234828
    XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    The pre-load is only check off on the box, there Z0 and ZA marking box on the side. The counterfeit blocks have a plastic end wiper, the Hiwin are more like rubber.

Name:	img0289qo.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	234826 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0270xl.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	234828
    Yeah mine are genuine then, they feel like rubber. Also i checked some images and they look genuine. markings and so on. I see on your image you building a router as well, very nice. And you use 2 bearing blocks on the Y and Z axis. Do you think that enough, I didn't do any calculations for my design but if the load would be OK with 2 for each axis i am considering redesigning. Also what ball screw diameter you use on these.
    Also on my design i use a 5KG spindle ER20 2.2kW.

For a drive system I use 2005 ball screws with a double nut. and leadshine closed loop steppers 283 oz torque. only thing i don't like is that the shaft on this motor is a 1/4" looks very small, any suggestion I should go bigger and use NEMA 34 with 566 oz torque close loop stepper system.

Name:	Fixed Mill CNC.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	234836

Yeah mine are genuine then, they feel like rubber. Also i checked some images and they look genuine. markings and so on. I see on your image you building a router as well, very nice. And you use 2 bearing blocks on the Y and Z axis. Do you think that enough, I didn't do any calculations for my design but if the load would be OK with 2 for each axis i am considering redesigning. Also what ball screw diameter you use on these.
    Also on my design i use a 5KG spindle ER20 2.2kW.

For a drive system I use 2005 ball screws with a double nut. and leadshine closed loop steppers 283 oz torque. only thing i don't like is that the shaft on this motor is a 1/4" looks very small, any suggestion I should go bigger and use NEMA 34 with 566 oz torque close loop stepper system.

Name:	Fixed Mill CNC.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	234836
    The single bearings are the HGH20-HA, the CA would be to small . The spindle use on most of those machines ,is a 9KG spindle and never been a problem. .
    Small machine , i don't think you will have a problem with 1/4 shaft on motor . That is older machine with 1610 ballscrew, but new one has 2510 and 1610 on Z axis
    XZero cnc

Thank you for the reply. I keep my current design, but will be looking for a new spindle i think i found one that has ceramic bearings for a good price. The weight is about 8KG so hope should be right and work well with the Hitachi VDF.
    I checked with the seller again and he assured me the preload is ZA.

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2.2kw four bearing engraving machine spindle motor,carving metal machine spindle motor,water spindle motor for cnc, from Reliable motor for washing machine suppliers on Hongda Laser and CNC machinery equipment co., LTD

To:hive8
    =========================================
    :cheers:

Dear friend,

Just found this message as I have a long time not log in my account on CNCZONE,sorry for the confused to you.

We promise all the HIWIN products are in 100% Genuine and New,the carriage will comes with carton box if just order the carriage only.and the preload information will marked on the box.

Thank you very much,gio666 ,thanks for your details explanation.

Thanks again for your trust and support,when there have something we can do for you,kindly let us know,thanks.

Merry X-mas and Happy New Year.

BST AUTOMATION

Yes I can vouch for it, everything is genuine and at a great price, i bought more from him, and everything was good, shipping is fast and on time.

Also i have to say customer service is one of the best i have seen from china.
    I had parts replaced with no fuss and even send extra parts at no cost.
    Really great seller, buying all my linear guide rails from him now, no one else anymore.

:cheers:
    Aha,thank you friend,thanks for your attention for it.
    Merry X-mas