586,510 active members*
2,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Wanted--Clean copy of the MACH3 configuration file for NM-145 mill

Angry Wanted--Clean copy of the MACH3 configuration file for NM-145 mill

I seem to have corrupted the .xml configuration file for Mach3 for my NM-145 mill.

1. Can someone give me a link to get a fresh copy of the MACH3 .xml file, as the old .xml backup files were also corrupted.
    2. Can someone please provide pinouts and LED identification for the Breakout board for troubleshooting.

The mill uses a BLDC spindle controller, 1100W-PWER-FA, REV 1 20110704
    Breakout board: Novakon BOB-B rev. 1
    Stepper drivers: sinusoidal type.

I have copied these requests also to Novakon, but would be interested if another user can jump in right away so I can get the machine operational.

Thanks,
    Steve Bell, Tucson Arizona

Re: Wanted--Clean copy of the MACH3 configuration file for NM-145 mill

Steve, I'm afraid I can't help too much with the XML file, but I can tell you what I do to prevent such issues.
    I copy the entire Mach 3 folder from each of my cnc machine computers and save them as a backup elsewhere. In two different places. I had to replace a failing computer on my plasma cutter recently and that backup was a life saver. Everything I needed including the license was there. Took about 5 minutes to get the computers swapped out and back running again with no hickup's.
    Are you sure it is the XML that is corrupt and not mach 3 itself? Surely you have tried re installing Mach 3. That is always my first move if I suspect something like this.

I think Novakon will take care of you in short order though. Good luck with it.
    Lee

Mach3 makes a backup XML every time you start it. There is a whole folder of them in the Mach3 directory....

I had forgotten about all the auto back XML's. The main reason I copy the entire folder is generally for the XML's, but I also had different screen sets that I made and copying the folder keeps all that straight.
    Lee

I re-installed a fresh download of MACH3 and the old licence file.
    After much searching, I found an old copy of the original .xml config file sent by Novakon. The config was only partially implementing the ports/pins, etc, but at least I am making progress--updates will be published here, of course!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Steve, I'm afraid I can't help too much with the XML file, but I can tell you what I do to prevent such issues.
    I copy the entire Mach 3 folder from each of my cnc machine computers and save them as a backup elsewhere. In two different places. I had to replace a failing computer on my plasma cutter recently and that backup was a life saver. Everything I needed including the license was there. Took about 5 minutes to get the computers swapped out and back running again with no hickup's.
    Are you sure it is the XML that is corrupt and not mach 3 itself? Surely you have tried re installing Mach 3. That is always my first move if I suspect something like this.

I think Novakon will take care of you in short order though. Good luck with it.

According to the files allowed as attachments the xml file is not one of them.
    You can contact me via email and I'll try to send you mine
    Bob

Now, it appears that the NM-145 xml config file has once again become corrupted. My backup copy(s) are also not fully functional.

Does anyone have a clean xml file for the mill?

Steveb946, tucson AZ