586,115 active members*
3,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Odd allignment problems

I have a curious problem with the lasercutters at my work. For the love of me, I cant seem to figure out what is wrong with them. Being quite technical myself, I've tried several possible solutions I found on the internet, but none seem to work.

The lasercutters used to have a leetro controler, but due to these bricking up when changing config files, these have been replaced by thunderlaser controlers. The problem is that when cutting a large number of objects, there seems to be a sort of accumulation of error. For instance, when trying to cut a grid of 20x20 circles, the circles do align in the Y but not in the X direction. Its only a very small shift from shape to shape, but when cutting lots of objects it does add up. Strangely enough, this error is highly reproduceable; cutting the same file twice produces the -exact- same results. And by exact I mean totally, completely, exactly the same results. Every deviation from the gridlike pattern is the same for both jobs. It seems that for every movement between two objects, the movement simply falls a bit too short.

I've noticed that changing the value "curve discreet" in the software to 0.2 gives the least deviation from the grid, and 0.05 the most.

Anyone has any ideas what may cause this? I've considered missing steps, and based on the advice of buidlog;
    dsp:troubleshooting [Buildlog.net Wiki]
    I've reversed the wiring, but this does not resolve the problem.

Setting rediciously low acceleration also removes the problem, but this is simply not feasible. Any suggestions would be very welcome indeed!

Re: Odd allignment problems

Some pictures for reference;
    Attachment 241316
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0003.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	241318

Both have the exact same problem, but are made on different machines! The 4 squares don't meet in the middle, and the circles follow a wave like pattern instead of being a perfect grid.