hello world..

i woke up one day and just decided to by a Grizzly G0619 i found on the net.
in my country it is not as easy to buy one as in the US, so when a lightly used one appeared i just had to have it!

my motivation is that i have always wanted to learn CNC machining, CAD design and production of parts so this is a tread about me learning that.

i have a small workshop inside a old army bunker inside a mountain and i am putting my machine there:
Attachment 239802

this is the unit i bought, put on a home made table (also bought a C3 lathe from the same guy, seen in the background):
Attachment 239804

my first challenge is that in my contry we don't have 110V but 230V so the motor and driver does not work.
i searched and read a lot about the Kelling drives, but i found the new store kelling put up not to have the 2200W motor that i wanted, so i started looking to china.

i wanted to upgrade to a more powerful motor since i will be doing steel work so a 2200W 3600RPM seamed a good idea. (i knew i had to modify the mount since it wont fit inside the head)

so a long story short, i found a company named Hipool: http://www.hipool.cn/en/
when i contacted them i got in touch with a fellow named Aven there and he was very helpful and spoke English fluently

we talked for a wile and i decided to try and make the mod for a bigger motor and not go for the 1100W drop in unit, and so a order was placed for the 2200W motor and i was going into wait mode....
2 DAYS later the parcel was delivered to my door!!! that's form the other side of the world! i was seriously impressed by that.
Attachment 239806

inside the parcel the motor and electronics was nicely packed in Styrofoam and it looked like someone had cleaned the motor of the red storage grease before sending it, nice!
Attachment 239808

the motor is huge! (compared to the OEM one):
Attachment 239810

connections:
Attachment 239812

what i want to do is make a similar mount to this that i found on the forum: (but i need to find someone to make it first)
Attachment 239814

and i want to use the OEM motor pulley, and also a KX3 motor pulley to get into higher rpm's. covering a speed range on the spindle from 190 to 4200RPM (any thoughts on that?)