I am tired of making prototypes for myself on a manual milling machine or waiting for my laser shop to get prototypes finished so it is finally time for me to order a 4x4 CNC Plasma table.
Pretty sure its going to be an Arclight 4800 with the Hypertherm 65 Plasma. Just ironing out a few more details as its a lot of doe and its a long ways from Oregon to Niagara Falls Canada LOL.

With all my research and all the youtube videos I have seen, I have not found anyone showing or talking about what the underside of the cut parts looks like, I mean, is there a lot of slag? Is the edge finish pretty nice as far as a finished part that could be lightly sand blasted and powder coated? Or does it look like a flame cut or hand held torch cut part done my someone that just does it by hand with no consistent speed or control? I know that when I have used my hand held plasma, its not a very smooth or nice finish at all, and I KNOW this is all me, not the machine or the process of cutting steel. Do the parts require disk grinding/sanding after cutting or is the technology so good now that this is something I dont even need to worry about?

In case it matters, most of the stuff I will be cutting ranges from 1/8" to 1/4" thick mild steel and the occasional 1/8" to 1/4" thick aluminum, but thats the bulk of it.

Thanks.