586,488 active members*
2,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LB-15 OSP5020, Tool Offsets not working correctly

LB-15 OSP5020, Tool Offsets not working correctly

Have an '91 Okuma LB-15 with OSP 5020 control. I don't use the lathe very much and always shut it down when not in use. I was running a part the other day and needed to change my tool comp a few thou. I plugged in +.005 on the tool screen for the tool i was using. Ran two more parts and they measured the same as the last few parts. The .005 I added did not not change the diameter of the part. The tool comp didn't take. It was the end of the day so I shut her down. Next day start her up and first part comes out with the .005 compensation I had added the day before. So when the control is up and running the tool comp is flakey. If I make a tool comp adjustment and restart the lathe the tool comp adjusts perfectly.

So what could cause the machine to not "take" the tool comp input. I know it worked previously. No alarms are present. No indications of anything wrong with the lathe otherwise. If there was a problem with the memory wouldn't the control tell me that?

Any thoughts????
    Thanks

Re: LB-15 OSP5020, Tool Offsets not working correctly

Are you re calling the offset? Does the program have a m30 or m2? I've seen this 1 time before on a single tool production job.

sent from me

On my U100L I also have the option to SAVE the tooltable. Not sure if it is needed, but I always save it. Just another possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Are you re calling the offset? Does the program have a m30 or m2? I've seen this 1 time before on a single tool production job.

sent from me
    I do use M2 at the end of the program. Have to check on the M30, don't think i have been using that. Do you have any more info regarding this strange behavior? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fomaz View Post
    On my U100L I also have the option to SAVE the tooltable. Not sure if it is needed, but I always save it. Just another possibility.
    fomaz, Thanks for your idea. on the 5020 control there is no save for tool offsets that i know of. Control has a hexadecimal? counter in the the top left corner of some screens. When the counter comes around full circle the data u entered is known to be stored in the memory. I believe that's how it works.

That counter is for parameter changes, not tool offsets. You should be able to do a data.pip to get offsets out.

sent from me