586,545 active members*
3,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

R2E3 table stuck

I have a R2E3 with BOSS 8 that I have had for over a year now. It was running fine until a month ago when I bumped it off the x limit and now the table is stuck. The z axis moves when I try and home it but then the axis drives kick off when the x & y try to move. It also starts to flicker error 4000. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Re: R2E3 table stuck

Geez ... been a while since I worked on an R2E3 ,,, my first thought is to power-off then get a good rubber or leather strap wrench and try to turn the ball-screw. You obviously have multiple alarms stored in the processor and you have got to get that table back into the working zone before you even attempt any trouble-shooting (you may not have to ) . Remove the motor only as a last resort ... you will lose home and have to reset it.
    Where are you located? I'm an old dude and would look at it for gas money ( retirement is starting to suck and I need something to do)

Try swapping the Z and Y-axis drives - mine did that when a drive went, and I was able to figure out which one it was by swapping them around. Got a new drive and it fixed the problem.

Also, you can try to jog the X-axis without homing by hitting Enable, then Jog, then hitting the jog keys to move it off the limit switch. Then try homing the machine.

the r2e3 is the same iron as the interacts etc. DO NOT TRY TO TURN THE BALLSCREW IT DOES NOT TURN

jeezus

there is a sheet metal cover above the x drive motor remove the screws and you can pull the ballscrew cover back so you can see the timing belt drive. you should be able to turn the belt by hand to turn the ballnut and release the axis.

This is if there is no way to hold the enable button while homing or something I don't know that control

I got the table moving. I was able to move it via the drive belt on the x axis.

All three drives work. When I hit the home, the z rapids, but the x and y kick off the axis drive. I can move all three with the jog, but they move extremely slow.

I did a little more research, could it be related to the battery in the controller?

Thanks

Earth to Gus .... Ballscrews are what make the table move. The Ball-nut is stationary. If you try to turn the ballnut you need a very big wrench with a long pipe on the handle .. caution don't stand near the machine because if you manage to turn the Ball-nut the R2E3 is going to move with it and perhaps crush u to death