586,753 active members*
7,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Auction of UNUSED Nakamura TMC-2 1982!!!

Auction of UNUSED Nakamura TMC-2 1982!!!

I got today pretty mind blowing link to auction in Finland... Unused Nakamura TMC-2 from 1982...or it is not really unused, there can see some paint is gone behind chuck, but very little.
    Controller seems to be Fanuc 3. Absolute great shape, like a candy!

Description from auction ad: CNC lathe NAKAMURA TOME TMC 2, model year '82, still factory oils, machine-like new, it has not been actually in use.

What is story behind this machine? Maybe it is presentation machine, which has been forgot back corner of warehouse? Maybe some guy who had too much money buy these and never used? Hard to say... Also hard to say, where price is going to raise, realistic price would be around 5 000

Re: Auction of UNUSED Nakamura TMC-2 1982!!!

I called seller and now we have explanation for this machine. It have bought from England couple years ago to Finland. In England it used in robot training. In Finland it never get in to work, because small machine shop who bought the machine lost their machinist in air accident. Then this machine sold to current owner how didn't like Fanuc 3 and nows he is selling this. So truth wasn't that amazing after all. Nice machine thought, maybe I have to try get this one!

I look at the monitor and think 82' nd think of those orange or greenish white lettering.not that it has anything to do with the machine just a flashback.

Nice flashback anyway! You are not only one, I still really want these orange/green screen to my life (even I'm just 32 year old) , haha!

Anyways, I'm planning to buy this as modernization project, absolute ultimate frame for that job!