Hi all,
At the moment i'm retrofitting an OKUMA lathe LR35: (mainly because of its still very good mechanics)
- control system: replace the OKUMA OPUS with SIEMENS 802C (OKUMA isnt familiar here, i dont have much knowledge about how the OPUS runs)
- axis: replace the 2 faulty OKUMA drivers with FANUC ones (easier to run and compatible with SIEMENS 802C)
- spindle: try to re-use it but have problems.

My problems with the spindle are: (Motor VAC MM 30/22R-112-R2, spindle drive: VAC2-H, D22-A, ROM VACA121K. I will upload some photos later)
1. originally it ran with a fiber-optic cable linking the VAC unit with OPUS rack. When i tried to run it without the OPUS rack (removed it to rework the lines for SIEMENS, VAC Connections ON: motor power line, motor resolver on CN3, using CN1 50 pin connection instead of fiber optic HITACHI DC9004L, ) it gave me an error like this:
M1, M2 red led solid on, M3 orange led on, all green led from 1 to 13 on, 7-segment led number 01.
I tried to reset alarm (using both the reset button SW7 and by shorting alarm-reset-signal) but nothing changed. It still gave me the same error.
Then i shorted the Machine-Ready signal and expected the MCBs to work but it didnt (MCB checked, working fine, PCB didnt ready yet and no signals to relays for MCBs)

***UPDATED***
Photos:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0191.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	234824
Attachment 234816
Attachment 234818
Attachment 234820

2. I removed the VAC card 1 (the one with fiber-optic connection plug), everything else kept the same. It gave me another error:
M1, M2 red led blinked, CPU alarm orange led on, green led 3-4 on, 7-segment led number 25.
I also tried to reset alarm but nothing happened.

(i will upload detailed photos later, atm im not in the workshop so cant take photos)

***UPDATED***
Photos:
Attachment 234822

=>I want to ask those who are experienced with OKUMA VAC:
-what are the meaning of those errors in the 2 cases above
-am i doing sth wrong in running the VAC unit? i want to re-use it under SIEMENS control (keep the VAC+motor+motor resolver, no fiber optic cable-use CN1 50 pin connection with analog signals instead). Any switch settings or actions needed in order to run the VAC unit without the OPUS/fiber-optic connection? (i havent touched the switch settings yet, its still the same as origin: SW1+SW2 all off; SW3+SW4 3,4,5 on; SW5+SW6 all off)

I'm looking forward to a reply soon, kinda in a tight spot now coz running out of time to run it.
Thank you for your reading time and any help/suggestion is welcomed.