Hello everyone.

We are currently building a 3,000mm x 1,500mm 3 axis cnc machine. It is of our own design so some things may work some may not (at least first time anyway).

Cutting area should be around 2500 x 1300 so we can fit an 8ft x 4ft sheet on the bed.

It will have a double Y beam with the Z axis mounted between them for rigidity as the Z axis travel will be around 700mm.

X axis will be belt driven (25mm wide 5mm pitch belt) using 2 motors (1 for each side)

Y and Z will be ballscrew driven.

All motors are nema34 so they are very big and heavy but should have enough torque to move the machine.

We bought the motors in a kit and they are "34HST9805-37B2*single shaft,98mm motor length 878oz.in bipolar" from ebay and have 8 wires.

The stepper drivers are DM860A.

The power supplies for the drivers should be 60v but it seems we got sent 24v so I think we need to exchange them.

(I am a bit confused at the moment how to wire the motors to the drivers as the drivers have A+ A- B+ B- and the motors have 8 wires)

The frame is going to be 4"x2" steel box section with 16mm x 12mm bright bar rails that bearings will run on.

The y and z axis will all be made from aluminium and the y axis will have the bright bar rails but the z axis will have 3 polished stainless tubes and matching bearing blocks.

We have most of the parts already, we now just need some free time to start building it. I will update the thread with pictures as we progress.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and any help would be appreciated regarding the motor wiring.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk