I have had my home built CNC machine in operation for over a year and from day one, I have had issues with my machine and it is almost NEVER the same issue.

I get all of these issues at different times during cutting process and it happens nearly every time I cut:

• Cutting along during a cut where the torch is on and it stops completely. No estop, no faults on the Gecko, no faults on the plasm fa cutter, no faults in Mach - just stops.
  • Cutting along during a cut where the torch is on and the Gecko faults - red LED lit on back, Mach says E-Stop triggered.
  • Cutting along during a cut where the torch is on and the torch stops - fault at plasma cutter, but machine still runs around the contour like it is cutting. Stops next time torch is due to fire because of no Torch OK signal to controller.

Here are my specifics: I bought my G540, 3.81oz Nema 23 Stepper Motors and 48vDC Power Supply from Kelnig. I have candcnc LCTHC torch height control. Hypertherm 1250 plasma cutter with machine torch. Power supply has internal cooling fan, but I also installed a separate fan on the box. to install the torch height control, I bought the G540 interface card to go with it and it is plugged directly into the G540 per the CandCNC Instructions. I have ferrite chokes on all cables, limit switches. I have Gantry, control box, plasma cuttter, computer case and machine base all grounded to an 8' long - 5/8" ground rod drove in the ground right beside machine. All ground wires are #8 solid.

Dell computer with Windows XP (service pack 3), Pentium 4, 3.2Ghz with 1 gig of ram. This computer is not connected to internet, all updates are disabled and only Mach 3, Sheetcam and Autocad are essential programs installed.

Every time i power up the controller box the G540 faults red LED. I either have to cycle switch numerous times or unplug one motor from back of controller and fire it up without fault. In fact, I have started pulling a motor output every time I power up.

Please help me - I am about to sell my whole computer, and electronics package and go buy all new. No way to run a business if I cannot count on my machine making a cut correctly without fault.