Greetings All-

This is my first post so I'm sure I will get lumps along the way
There are so many machines out there that I would like to find a starting point.
This is the initial budget....my partner was quoted 80k and I'm thinking 30k if i built it myself.

I'm about to partner up with another builder on the purchase/build of a cnc for sheet goods- melamine, baltic birch and acrylic
My partner wants to be able to run cabinets parts straight from the cnc to the edge bander then assembly.
I'm ok with this as I see a huge benefit from not running the slider saw all day only to move on to line boring.
We do a fair amount of European lock sets that would go so much faster on the "Right" cnc in place of our Porter Cable hand crank in the field.
I do believe that a tool changer is essential to facilitate the ability to mill holes/slots/profiles on the horizontal edges. Again way more efficient than moving on to another work station.

Does anybody have an idea as to what has been tried and true to fill these requirements?

I'd like to have an usable cutting area of 5 by 12 feet. I'm not sure if its out there but a plasma cutter head attachment could make things even more versatile ( yeah it was only a dream )

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards,
Johnny