586,477 active members*
3,685 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM 7 postprocessors not loading

SprutCAM 7 postprocessors not loading

I have a Tormach 1100 and put the two postprocessors from their website into the postprocessor file in the proper directory. There .ppl and .spp files 'PCNC master post 1.5.2 ATC'.

When I click postprocessor in SprutCAM they aren't showing up. I tried moving them to another folder and trying different project files. What is going on?

This was all working just great before, and I had since re-formatted my computer and reinstalled everything and now it doesn't work. Thanks for any help.

Re: SprutCAM 7 postprocessors not loading

Believe it or not they just posted a video on youtube on how to do this
    Look under tormach youtube!
    hope this helps

I watched one video about it from 2010. It explains how to use a postprocessor. I think my issue is a software issue.

I tried an older version of sprutcam 7 and it works just fine. For some reason build 64105 is not working, even though it worked before

edit: Here is what I'm referring to -

I don't have the original install CD's for the software since I bought the system used. It came installed on the machine controller but that's a bad place to do CAM. I have the USB key with the red LED and I was told all I need is the generic sprutcam 7 from their website. How are you guys doing it?

BTW, the only thing I did aside from installing v1.6 build 64105 is transfer the licence from the machine controller to my program data file to make it work. This made it recognize sprutcam as the "pro" version and display the tormach as an option machine. This worked for 6 months until I reformatted my PC.

By comparing the files in my old version (build 1.3) and the latest version, the latest version does not have file 'inpd.DLL'. Apparently this is part of the post processor package. I copied the old file into the new directory and now it sees the postprocessor files. BUT, it gives me an error '2015' when I run it to get my NC file. I have no idea why it's not installing the proper inpd.dll file.

Would someone with this latest inpd.dll file send it to me so I can test it out? It's located in C:\program files (x86)\Sprut technology\sprut cam 7
    PM me for e-mail, please!

I have sprut 8 so no help with files. Maybe some insight!
    As far as I understand about software that uses a key to validate and run if it loads your good to go !
    I think you have a configuration problem not a install problem. But then again I have the disks so its hard to say.

Quick question, If you don't have disks how are you getting all these different program builds for 7 installed and testing as you stated above?
    I see only the version 8 that I have on their site no previous versions.
    Also When I purchased sprut I had to uninstall the downloaded version and install from disk with the key in place. so maybe downloads are crippled in some way!

Sorry I posted video on machine definitions not post processors. oops my mistake

md

OMG

I am so pissed and happy at the same time. I first went through with my hunch and someone here generously sent me the DLL file. I thought great, this will solve my problem. So I go to drag the DLL onto my desktop and it vanishes...

Alright, clearly my PC is the issue here, not sprutcam or anything else. So, I looked into "disappearing DLLs" and one person suggested antivirus. Yep, my Avast antivirus was automatically deleting the DLL during install without telling me. So, I disabled it temporarily and put the DLL file where it should be and voila it now works perfectly. I spent like 3 hours messing around with this.

I've sent them a false positive report so this shouldn't happen to anyone else hopefully.

And yeah, you can download Sprutcam 7 1.6 from the sprutcam site. Listing of /download/sprutcam/version-7/version-7.1.6/ Since I have the old version 1.3 installed on my machine controller, I was able to compare that to the new version and figure this out. They don't have any older versions available on their site though.

Anyway, thanks so much for the help everyone involved!!!!!!!!!

I can get into c:\ program files but not c:\ program files x86?? I would like to give you a hand but I cant get there from here ha! I have forgotten too much about DOS I guess. Give me the specifics as to how to open the directory and I will look at it for you.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by mike sr1 View Post
    I can get into c:\ program files but not c:\ program files x86?? I would like to give you a hand but I cant get there from here ha! I have forgotten too much about DOS I guess. Give me the specifics as to how to open the directory and I will look at it for you.
    See my post above. Got it fixed. FYI, the program files x86 is visible only if you have a 64 bit system. It differentiates between 32 (x86) and 64 bit program folders.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakai View Post
    See my post above. Got it fixed. FYI, the program files x86 is visible only if you have a 64 bit system. It differentiates between 32 (x86) and 64 bit program folders.
    I am glad you got it going!

I have a toshiba a 665 s5173, its a couple years old but has been in for service once, it says its a 64 bit system?? I will have my neighbor check it out, hes an IT guy, maybe I dont have what I think I do .........

I have the original Sprut 7 cd that came with the machine.
    mike sr

I am glad you got it going!

I have a toshiba a 665 s5173, its a couple years old but has been in for service once, it says its a 64 bit system?? I will have my neighbor check it out, hes an IT guy, maybe I dont have what I think I do .........

I have the original Sprut 7 cd that came with the machine.
    press windows key + pause/break

See what it says for 'system type'

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakai View Post
    press windows key + pause/break

See what it says for 'system type'
    It says its a 64 bit system, win 7 home edition and I5 intel processor, works well but gets jerky on a really large file in simulation.

edit: 4 gig of ram
    mike sr

It says its a 64 bit system, win 7 home edition and I5 intel processor, works well but gets jerky on a really large file in simulation.

edit: 4 gig of ram
    You can try setting the quality lower in system settings to reduce the load on your gpu. It means lines might be not as smooth but will run more smoothly. Also, I prefer the 5D renderer the best. 4 gigs of ram is a little low, but I have 6 and can run sprutcam, solidworks, and photoshop at the same time without issues so that's probably not it.