586,945 active members*
2,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > What keyboard are you using?

Threaded View

What keyboard are you using?

Sorry for the cursing. I'm a little pissed off...

I don't know about you guys, but I use a wired keyboard with my machine. I set it off to the side when it's not in use and put it on the table or vise when I'm typing into it. I've gone through about 5 keyboards this way. The ****ing things always break when they've got too many chips or too much coolant in them.

The last keyboard I bought, I thought would solve all my troubles. It's a "Seal Shield Glow Pup 2". It *could* be a perfect solution if the damn thing wasn't a colossal piece of ****. Even though it has a rigid base, it will sometimes refuse to work if it's not one a flat surface. Other times it'll somehow cross some wires or something and Windows will pop a message up saying "USB device not recognized". Of course, when this happens Mach3 completely ****ing flips out and stops working. Thankfully, it hasn't happened in the middle of a program yet - who knows what would happen.

The last one I had was a Logitech washable keyboard. Model: K310
    It was fine, until coolant particles apparently got into it and made some of the keys stick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2uxce2mv.jpg   u0ohwp01.jpg