586,103 active members*
3,460 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad V24 vectorized

Bobcad V24 vectorized

I have just installed BobCad V24 and it's the first time using any cad myself. I took the time and learned how to put an image into BobCad and vectorized it but ALOT of the line and arcs and points come out bad and need fixing. Is there anyway to have smoother looking likes and stuff? Here are the original picture and the dxf file that i get after vectoring the image. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 148-free-dragon-vector-art.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Bobcad V24 vectorized

The settings in the Vectorization window that you'll want to play with are <Threshold> and <Accuracy>. I found a Threshold of 175 and an accuracy of 1.4 to give about the best results with this one, but it'll vary with each image. The Accuracy value is how many pixels (averaged) are factored into the coordinates of the line or curve. Lower values will tend to have higher "noise" and can lead to jaggier and more erratic results, but again, a lot depends on the base image.

Attached is a .zip file with the image, a screenshot of the Vectorization window, and a somewhat cleaner .dxf file. There will always be some cleanup to do, no matter how well you adjust the Vectorization tool, though, so there's just a bit less with this one. I tend to use <Utilities> / [Deform], <Utilities> / [Drag Corner], <Utilities> / {Trim Extend} / [Quick Trim], and <Lines> / [Join] the most, when doing cleanup. It's easy to drag commonly used tools into a custom toolbar, to keep them handy. Go to <Preferences> / [Customize], and make a new toolbar, then find and drag the tools into it. Then you can dock it to the edge of the screen.

Hope that helps. Welcome to BobCAD

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Arc Fit,Points,and Splines.

I could not resit the Dragon so here is my version. Is he royalty free as I would like to cut this out.
    Attachment 233184
    This was a quick shot at it.I just used the vectors as created no reworking.

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

thank you Luke, Don and jrmach, all that help me out alot and ill post a pic of the finish product when I get a chance to get it cut out

Don I just re read what you said and I found that picture in a google search for dragons and it was a free download so I would say go ahead and cut it out i want to see how it looks. Im cutting mine with a wire EDM machine so ill have to change it a bit from the original image

OK Thank you. When I get my machine back in running order I will cut it. Now anyone know if there is a Dragon Wood LOL.

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.