Hello Tom,

Apart of the material support (I bought KFlop & KStep) I want to say thank you and your team for what you are doing.

I'm embedded software developer and want to start this thread for everyone who is interested in the questions related to TCC compiler, programming techniques, software threads and their colaboration. Of course, all this should be related to KFlop board and processor. I hope this will create many technical discussions, so, good programming knowledge is required.

To begin, I have some practical questions for Tom:

1. Can we have an external linkage for our user C code files similar to such when I call the functions from KFlop library like MoveAtVel(), fast_abs(), WaitNextTimeSlice() etc?
What I could not solve myself was linking from one file to the functions implemented in another module (file). This is available in standard C-language model.

2. Having existing model of threads it whould be helpful to add at least one input parameter to the KMotionCNC interface when executing user programs (threads). This parameter would be an input to the tread. Often it can be more efficient (less code and faster) to run the same thread with different input parameters than loading each time to KFlop a new piece of code even though very similar to what was executed just before. Similar thing already exists for I/O, DAC options.

3. I would add more flexibility for user threads, inluding ability to create/assign them dynamically plus more options to synch between them.
Now we have only functions to capture and release mutex object. By the way, what should be the initial state of "yet free" mutex? (I guess zero from my experiments).

Best regards,
Alex