Hello Everyone, It's been some time since posting here. First of all my "Use To Be Mikini" has been running with out incident...no spindle alarms, no electronics going berserk due to ground faults...eddy currents or what ever

I'm probably averaging 2 to 4 hrs machining on weekdays and a good 6 hrs per day on weekends and the mill under it's current specs has preformed flawlessly. I mentioned to Swath that I kinda of take it for granted at times... start the program and walk away

Anyway, back to the topic of this post. One of the steps in making my kits is to face a 3 by .500 inch aluminum piece of stock to .375" . I was using a two inch face mill, but, i kept thinking a 4" face mill would be quicker

I bit the bullet and purchased a 4" Glacern FM 45 Face Mill. First of all let me say this, Glacern makes a very fine product. The fit and finish is top notch on this tool. I did weigh it and it comes in at 6.8 lbs on my postage scale.

I've been using the face mill for a bit, I have already have faced off about twenty pieces (front and back) and I'm impressed with both the Glacern FM45 and my mill In the video I'm still using the original edges on the inserts, hence you'll see some scratch marks. These are easily removed in the polishing phase.

In the video, I also mention my newly installed gas struts. these are 75 lb units from McMaster Carr. The reason for the change was that , when I would touch off the top of a piece, I'm pretty sure I saw a small bounce in my indicator..after the installation of the new struts, it feels solid

Anyway, here's the face mill in action.