Hello everyone,
I have been stalking this forum and other for a long time now. I decided I would build a CNC machine last November, and I finally got around to ordering all of the parts (and funding them). In theory, the parts should be arriving this week.

My needs are at a hobbyist level. I plan on primarily cutting plywood / mdf and possibly some aluminum. I am also setting up the machine to attempt to do some 3D printing. The plan is to build the CNC first and then add the 3d print heads (plural) and additional electronics in the next couple of weeks… if I can get the CNC working first. Consideration for the 3D printing will be made during my build.

I currently work with computers and have a few year of engineering background from schooling, but I am lacking in the day to day experience many of you have.
This will be my first CNC build, and my first larger project in a while, so it should be entertaining to see what happens. Hopefully it will all work out.

So far I have ordered

CNC Router Parts Pro4896 machine
12” Z Axis
Nema 23 electronics with Gecko 540 drive with 4x motors with 3/8 shafts and Emergency Stop switch and 12.8A power supply
Hitachi M12VC router
Hitachi M12VC Router Mount
Home built PC running XP with Parallel port card and solid state drive (concerned about vibration and compatibility)
Pepperl + Fuchs Proximity switch
IGUS Energy Chain (2 sizes purchased from eBay)
Touch plate
Lighthouse LH6755-OD 120V Vacuum pump
Assorted Dust collection “stuff”
4x + 1 spare pneumatic cylinders with 6.5” stroke to be used for hold down
Pile of wood
4x trailer jack stands to lift and move the table
6x adjustable feet for a pool table

I hope to get the wood put together in the next few days for the table. I am taking a week off from work to assemble the rest the following week. I will post as progress is made.

I also wanted to thank Cory from CNC Router Parts. He has been very helpful and patient dealing with my questions.

Thanks