586,181 active members*
3,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach Setup Q's

Hey everybody, I understand that you guys probably get a lot of these threads but this shouldn't take long and FYI I have looked around and couldn't find the answers. Ok let me start off by saying I finally got everything set up fixed up an old computer and its drivers and am running mach 3 r1.8 or something and don't want to spend more money on a newer version. I am running the tb6560 but it is the newer red one with all the issues fixed and an added serial port. So let me get to what I the questions.
    1. How do I disable driver watchdog? I have checking config but there is no general config tab.
    2. The computer is fast enough and driver test has pretty good results but in case of lag how can I disable the tool path viewer? remember I don't seem to have a general config tab.
    3. I don't have my CNC table built yet so I probably don't have to do this yet but my motors have 200 steps and are set to 1/8 micro but in step mode in the jog menu my motor seems to turn more than a step any ideas?
    4. My board has micro stepping, amp, and decay switches. I get the amperes and MS DIP switches but don't get the decay setting 25% 50 or fast or slow anything above 25 makes the motors noisey so what should it be at and does it matter?
    Thanks in advanced and I hope that it isn't too much trouble.

Re: Mach Setup Q's

First, there's no charge for a newer version of mach3. Just download the latest. You're version is so old that most of us don't remember where any of the settings are.

1) In the new version, it's in the General Config page.

2) On the diagnostics page.

3) Step mode moves whatever the current step increment setting is. It doesn't just move one step.

4) No idea on that one.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)