I have a pc-2-route board and 3 g203v drives and am doing a table upgrade and now need a 4th motor. I got a g251 to use for my z, and wired it up and it worked, or so it seemed. Now it is acting funny, and i re read the manual for the pc-2-route and it mentions a jumper for the logic signals to use a common ground (currently using) or common 5v. it seems that the 203 need the common ground, but the 251 needs common 5v? Why is this, and is there a way to use them both (drives) as I already bought the stuff and have it wired, and i thought working except a little noise issue, which maybe the common ground/5v difference???? Separate them?

I am thinking this board is a little dated, but with so many to choose from i dont really want to start from scratch and if i did, i would want to get a good board with newer technology, so it would not be dated soon. if no way to use both, i guess i could get another 203 and use it. I am using one control box for a plasma machine with scribe (and router very rarely) and for a benchtop mill by use of switching the motor and limit wires to different connectors via 4 pole switches. For best option, since it has been upgraded many times over and things added, i should probably build new control box 1 for each machine, but that would be quite a cost and time investment.

Alot of rambling, but any ideas?

Brian