Hi everyone!

I am finally expanding my small company and to do so I need some machines. as I cant afford to buy them I am making them instead - although since i love making stuff its my preferred option anyway!

I am not too sure of the correct size motors to use, I have read around and I think my choices should be ok.

These are going to be my first 2 projects and as I need them for my bussiness I would like to check with the experts to make sure I am not making a mistake!

The first project is a router/drill which I want to use to drill thin aluminum profiles and 3mm perspex. Holes will be 3mm, 4mm and 5mm. The machine will be based on the "routy" here

ROUTY CNC Router (V-Slot Belt & Pinion) | OpenBuilds

just a bit bigger at 100 cm x 75 cm.

I am planning on buying this stepper set (from Long Motor) from ebay

Ship From German WH 4axis Nema23 stepper motor 2.8Nm&Driver DM542A 2PCS POWER | eBay

These are 2.8 Nm steppers, I am going to ditch the drivers and use LeadShine DM442 digital drivers. I am going to use 3 of these motors for the X (1 motor) and Y (2 motors) axis and use 1 of these 2.0 Nm steppers DCNC-NEMA23-2.0NM

from here

damencnc.com - Stepper Motors

for the Z axis drive.

The second project is a pick and place machine. It will be similar to the routy but will have z axis rotation to align the components on the circuit boards.

I am going to use 2 of the DCNC-NEMA23-2.0NM steppers for the Y axis, 1 of the 2.8 Nm steppers for the x axis and probably 1 of the DCNC-NEMA23-2.0NM steppers for the z axis and a small Nema17 for the Z rotation.

Again I am going to use the leadshine digital drivers.

I plan on using the breakout board supplied with the kit for 1 machine and a similar for the other. I plan on ditching the supplied controlers.

Anyone see any problems or incompatabilities?

By the way, please DONT recomend a gecko drive as I live in Europe and they are over $500 here!