586,500 active members*
1,665 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC X6-1500GT Plug and Play?

Hi,

I'am new to cnc mill/drill/cut and wonder if the X6-1500 GT is a machine that will work out of the box. I'am thinking about buying a cnc router. While doing the research I came across this website with lots of info. After reading the post from user halebopp76 I got lost: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...router-14.html

The post began positive but after a couple of comments, still usefull comments, I got lost in: exchange cards, spindle speed not matching, replacing pumps and what not.

So my questions are: Can I as a newbe work with this machine after assembly and install of all components that come in the package as a standard? Assembly won't be a problem.
    Or do I need to replace things to get it to run as intended?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Re: CNC X6-1500GT Plug and Play?

I had the predecessor the CNC 6040Z-S80 (almost identical). After removing some metal chips from one of the drivers (it is a chinese machine!), then it worked. I ran it without an ground connection (living in an old building) and i kept getting electrocuted. You need to have a good ground. I don't know if this was the reason for the spindle to break after 4 month. I did not break like it didn't work, instead it started short circuiting after ½ an hours of run. So needles to say it was a pain to find what was the problem.

When that said it does run nicely now and i think its great value for the money. You might not get this problem or you might get one thats worse. Its always a lottery with chinese machines.

Hi and thanks for the info. It seems to me that I don't need to start with replacing items or upgrading the X6-1500GT, right?

I can't say for the X1500 GT, but mine was almost plug and play. I was prepared to change my electronics to Gecko drivers, but the electronics have performed flawless so far, so no need too. Again this is a chinese machine, so there are no guarantee. I did write to carvingcnc when my spindle broke, and they said i should return it. But that will cost me almost as much as the spindle in shipping and it will take time (that i don't have), so i decided just to buy a new from ebay. My point is that they do answer question, but don't expect a fast response.

Hi,

Mine won't even power up.. You guys have any idea what to do?
    Turning power switch won't do anything right now not even lighting up LED's..

thanks!