586,354 active members*
3,211 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Sand Blasting Info Please

Is there such a thing as fine sand blasting medium in an aerosol can? I'd like to sand blast letters on small objects without damaging paint finishes, or any surounding areas. Has anyone heard of this type of thing????

I'v never heard of an aerosol can sandblaster, but there are some options. Harbor Freght sells a small pistol sized sandblaster with its own hopper mounted on the top, but its a toy for the most part.
    As for small being less likely to damage I dont think thats the case nearly as much as proper masking preventing unintentional damage. You get the same thing with a small sandblaster as you do a big one, high speed flying abrasive particles, just less of them flying out of a small one. But even a small one will cause damage if you dont mask your target well.
    You might want to look into Rayzist photo resistive film for blasting small objects with fine details.
    And if you plan on doing alot of them a small or medium sized blast cabinet would be recommended.

masking off parts you don't want to be cleaned/damaged and with the right nozzles you should be able too maintain control of your aim/blastingreach

i'ld definitely advise a cabinet or even working OUTSIDE would just be waste of abrasive/money!!

if you mean you are goin to sandblast a writing/drawing into a totally paintfinished area forget about it but sandblasting an specific area requires just masking off the rest but then you could just cut whatever in the masking

compare sandblasting too spraypainting with a can but just the reverse
    and no there aint no cannedblaster lol

good luck