586,675 active members*
3,026 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport CNC Knee Mill Enclosure

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy or find plans/ideas to make an enclosure for an R2E3 CNC Mill. I have the coolant/chip pan but this machine can make a huge mess when running coolant. I'm looking for something that will enclose above the table work area down to the chip pan.
    Any thoughts/info. would be appreciated.

what are the machine diminsions I maybe be able to help?

This is basically the machine that I have minus the CRT monitor. This machine has an enclosure only on the table. Not what I'm looking for. I'd like to have something that extends up from the chip pan on all sides to better enclose the work area. Then have sliding door for the table area. I think I'll probably just make my own using lexan and aluminum angle. I was just curious if anyone else has done or wanted to do something like this to their machine.

http://www.machinemanuals.net/images...bossa/r2e4.gif

I am thinking of doing the same to my BOSS retrofit, not sure what materials I will use.

Hood

Check out BTC clubhouse post's Ive fallen behind on updating my pic's of the one Im building but you can look at what has happened sofar and get the general idea also you can see what Im using for the timebeaing to control the mess I'm geeting tired of moping too Good luck I should get some more pic's on this weekend Kevin