Well I finally pulled the trigger and wired the money to Novakon last Friday (the 5th) it shipped yesterday (8th). Now I have 4-6 days of waiting for it to show up.

As the title leads on, this is the beginning of a customized Torus Pro build. I special ordered my machine without any axis motors or controls in the electrical cabinet. While this may seem crazy to order a turn-key machine to not be turn-key it was the idea thing for me. I just do not have time right now to take on a "from the ground up build" and I could not justify buying a complete turn-key machine only to rip out all the things I wanted to do different. I work as a machine and controls designer by day, a college student by night, and an IT guy by the weekend. So fitting some servo motors, wiring the controls, and setting up the software are going to be the most fun parts for me. I am not sure where things will end up when I am done but in the "big picture" this is the tentative plan.

1. Get the mill running in a basic form where I can make the parts needed for the next stage
2. Start the design work for a new headstock to utilize a BT30 automatic tool changing capable spindle and a 3 HP 8000 RPM spindle motor
3. Design a automatic tool changer for the mill.

So far I have on order
-Mill
-Spindle cartridge
-Draw bar release cylinder

On hand I have
-3 HP continuous 5 HP overload for 15 min, 8000 RPM Yaskawa spindle motor (for later)
-Hitachi WJ200-055 5.5 KW VFD
-Most of the relays, fuse holders, misc controls stuff

I still need
-Leveling casters
-CNC controller
-Servo motors
-Free Time